Mental Health Strategic Plan
Western University is currently engaging with members of the campus community to develop a Mental Health and Wellness Strategic Plan. You can find detailed information on the development of the strategic plan, including opportunities to share your input below.
Canadian Association of College and University Student Services Services (CACUSS): Mental Health Framework
Submit your Feedback
In person consultations (group meetings, focus groups, etc.) will be taking place from September-December 2016. If you are interested in organizing a consultation with your stakeholder group (student organization, faculty, department, etc.) please contact Deb Chiodo, Western's Mental Health Strategist, at email@example.com.
Western's Student Mental Health and Wellness Strategic Plan - FAQs
Q. What are the next steps in this process?
A. Online and in person consultations will be taking place in Fall 2016. Feedback will be reviewed and incorporated into a draft strategic plan in Winter 2017, which will be presented to key stakeholder groups in Summer 2017. Western plans to launch the Student Mental Health and Wellness Strategic Plan in Fall 2017.
Q. Will there be another opportunity to provide feedback before the plan is finalized?
A. The draft Student Mental Health and Wellness Strategic Plan will be shared with stakeholders in Summer 2017, before the plan is publically launched in Fall of 2017.
Q. Who are the members of the Student Mental Health Advisory Committee?
A. Members of the Student Mental Health Advisory Committee are:
- Alan Salmoni, Professor, School of Kinesiology
- Anh Brown, Campus Student Case Manager
- Angela Treglia, Sexual Violence Prevention Education Coordinator
- Candy Parker, Counselling Intake and Crisis Nurse
- Chris Alleyne, Acting Executive Director of Residences
- Chris Mellon, Residence Counsellor & Organizational Effectiveness Consultant
- Christine Von Wistinghausen, Communications & Public Affairs Coordinator
- Courtney McDonald, Manager, Student Life, Brescia University College
- Cynthia Gibney, Director, Health Services
- Deb Chiodo, Mental Health Strategist
- Deb Coward, Director of Administration, Student Experience
- Emma Newman, Student Emergency Response Team (SERT)
- Emily Ross, Communications Officer, University Students’ Council (USC)
- Gail Hutchinson, Director, Student Development Centre
- Harry Orbach-Miller, Chair of the Western Student Senators, University Senate
- Helen Connell, Associate Vice-President, Communications & Public Affairs
- Jamie Cleary, Vice President, University Students’ Council (USC)
- Jana Luker (Chair), Associate Vice-President, Student Experience
- Jean-Claude Aubin, Operational Leader, Campus Police
- Joan Finegan, Associate Dean, Faculty of Social Science
- Joe Henry, Dean of Students, King's University College
- John Carson, Director, Campus Police
- Kevin Shoemaker, Professor, School of Kinesiology
- Kim Miller, Acting Director - Student Success Centre
- Lorraine Davies, Associate Vice-Provost
- Madison Bettle, Vice President, Student Services at Society of Graduate Students (SOGS)
- Martha Fuller, Academic Manager
- Melanie-Anne Akins, Wellness Coordinator
- Michelle Harvey, Coordinator - Fitness & Wellness
- Rick Ezekiel, Director of Research, Assessment and Planning, Student Experience
- Ryan Henderson, President, Active Minds UWO
- Ryan Walsh, Kinesiology
Q. Who can I contact if I have further questions?
A. Please email any inquiries to Deb Chiodo, Western's Student Mental Health Strategist, at firstname.lastname@example.org