Fitness and Nutrition
Learning online is a totally different experience that means you need different strategies and support. Student Experience is here for you and has several online resources and remote supports available.
Resources To Support Your Physical Well-Being
We're putting out LIVE fitness content regularly through Instagram and Zoom. Follow us to stay up-to-date on everything we have going on, and check our website for updates!
April 2020 Intramural Online Tournaments - FREE Registration
Western Mustangs E-Sports Multi-day Online Tournaments
This is an unprecedented time for campus intramurals across the country. We're always committed to providing intramural activities any way we know how, and we’re pursuing online gaming as a means to continue programming and keep participants engaged through this difficult time. Who couldn't use a good distraction?
Visit www.uwo.ca/campusrec for more information
Costs for Tournaments: FREE
Registration Dates: Opens: Wednesday, April 8th @ 8:00am EST
Closes: Tuesday, April 14th @ 11:59pm EST
Tournament Dates: Starts: Thursday, April 16th
Ends: Thursday, April 30th
1. Xbox (only) - FIFA20
2. PS4 (only) - NHL20
3. Nintendo (only) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
1. All games are played 1 v 1 – no teams
2. Max 64 entries for each tournament
3. Double Elimination – everyone is guaranteed two games
4. Each participant is free to choose any team/character to play with in the game (No All-Star)
How to sign-up:
1. Go to imleagues.com and “Sign up” if you don’t already have an account, make sure you select “Western University” as your school/affiliation. If you already have an account, “Login”.
2. Navigate to the Intramural homepage and locate the tournament you are interested in participating in and create a team with your GamerID/Tag as your team name. This is mandatory as it will be how opponents find each other in the game.
3.Double elimination tournament brackets will be created and posted online following the close of the registration period.
4. Each round of the tournament must be completed by the specified dates (TBD) to ensure the tournament moves on in an orderly fashion and finishes on time.
5. Participants may play their matches at any mutually convenient time provided matches are completed before the subsequent round begins.
6. Standardized rules of game play will be posted on each tournament page.
7. Scores will be self reported; any disputes will be investigated and resolved on a case by case basis.
The Purple Shirt – Will be mailed to the winner
Additional Fitness Supports Available At A Distance
We have put together a few tip sheets for you that we hope will help as you transition to your online learning environments. Take a look below, and check back often as we continue to share more resources!
Three, 6-minute Workout Videos - Each workout will exercise four main muscle groups: Cardio, Lower Body, Upper Body and Core
And, check out these London-based gyms that are providing online training tutorials via Instagram:
- AndFit Training Studio - Offering a small, weight-based workout daily at 9:30AM EST
- Revkor - Offering resistance-bands based class daily at 9:30AM EST
New York Times Food Columnist Melissa Clark is offering practical ideas to what to cook from your pantry. She is posting new ideas every weekday, and (Bonus!) you are currently able to get a FREE subscription to the New York Times.
Trade strategies for pantry cooking on this Facebook Group
If you are looking for responses to questions about how your student can receive remote support, please contact Student Support & Case Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 519-661-2111 x89152.